We are seeking a Staff Physician in our Atlanta, Onaway & Rogers City locations. The staff physician reports to the CMO and the CEO. He/she is responsible to the Board of Directors for the content of the Principles of Practice Agreement, including the following performance responsibilities. The staff physician provides a program of high-quality primary care, integrates service with specialty care and health related agencies and participates in the development of future health care objectives and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive health care, including examination, diagnosis, treatment, advice, prescription, consultation, education, and prevention for the medical, surgical and mental health needs of patients in the office.
- Participate in preventive health programs.
- Participate in on-call coverage agreement with other Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc. Physicians, Mid-levels, and Providers for evenings and weekends.
- Maintain provider numbers and accept participation with BCBSM, Medicare, Medicaid, and other reimbursement programs.
- Participate in supervision of mid-level primary care providers by direct presence or immediate phone access.
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities as required.
- Achieve 150 hours of AMA approved Continuing Medical Education credits in every three-year period to comply with State Licensure and Board Certification renewal requirements. Maintain Board Certification by periodic reexamination.
- Comply with TBCHS and regulating agencies regarding documentation policies and requirements.
- Maintain professional malpractice coverage through FTCA, agreement with Board of Directors, or private policy, subject to negotiations at time of hiring.
- Participate in design, utilization, location, and cost considerations of building, renovation, expansion, and leasing plans for medical facility.
Standards of Conduct:
- Abide by the bylaws, policies and directive of the Board of Directors of Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc.
- Hold professional responsibilities above any private or conflicting interests.
- Respect patient’s rights to privacy, informed consent, and restricted disclosure of information. Exercises courtesy and understanding in the performance of medical care. Adhere to HIPAA standards.
- Choose whom he/she will serve. In an emergency, however, service should be rendered to all to the best of one’s ability. Having undertaken the care of patient, may not neglect him/her.
- Administer medical care which is free of bias due to race, age, sex, religion, home of record, lifestyle, or ability to pay.
- Seek consultation on request of the patient, in doubtful or difficult cases, or where the quality of services is likely to be enhanced.
- Perform in accordance with the highest medical standards and ethics, including the following:
- perform with at least ordinary care, judgment, and diligence,
- use recognized methods of diagnosis and treatment,
- exercise knowledge and skill commonly possessed by physicians of similar practice in the locality,
- seek appropriate support and treatment when impaired health of any type that could potentially affect ability to practice capably,
- act to protect the public and profession against other physicians or practitioners deficient in moral character or professional competence.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises mid-level providers, as well as indirectly supervises employees of the Medical Support Staff.
Education Requirements: Degree as Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current valid licensure by the State of Michigan Medical Practice Board, currently registered by State and Federal Boards of Pharmacy, and Board Certified or Eligible in Family Practice with a completed residency or equivalent years of practice experience. ACLS and BLS certification
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care