We are seeking a full-time Revenue Cycle Manager to work in our Alpena office. This position is responsible for the oversight, systems development, compliance, and performance of the Billing Department and revenue cycle process. This role is expected to constantly improve workflow and overall function for departmental operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises billing staff, including selecting, orienting, training, coaching, disciplining, & giving timely performance reviews.
- Establishes short and long term goals, ensuring staffing levels meet organization needs.
- Be able to work independently.
- Develops, revises & administers all billing procedures and workflows.
- Collaborates with other managers to contribute to efficient and consistent workflow across all sites.
- Oversees day to day operations of site and promptly follows through on concerns identified.
- Processes departmental reports for tracking and review utilizing appropriate software systems.
- Assist in financial reporting such as UDS or Medicaid Reconciliation reporting as assigned.
- Aware of coding updates and Federal and State billing requirements.
- Ensures software and staff are updated as necessary.
- Assistance and identification in billing and claim related issues.
- Assistance and ongoing education and training in diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Remains current with reimbursement guidelines.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to records management, including HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of practices and procedures used in effective records management and referrals. Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Knowledge of insurance (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care), including eligibility, interpretation, coding, documentation, billing, and auditing is preferred. Experience with medical software programs. Working knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises the staff, processes and functions of the Billing Department.
Education & Experience: 4 years related experience and relevant Associate’s degree. Accredited coding certification preferred.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance