Full Job Description:Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc. (TBCHS) has been operating for over 40 years as a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center serving Alpena, Montmorency, Presque Isle, Cheboygan, Otsego, and Oscoda counties. As a member of our team, you will join over 220 co-workers dedicated to providing quality medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, optometry, substance use disorder, and school-based services. We are hiring for a remote work position. This position works as a member of the interdisciplinary care team providing direct outpatient mental health counseling for individuals with mild to moderate behavioral health conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: other duties may be assigned:
What You’ll Do:
- Provides behavioral health services for students/patients remote setting related to mild to moderate behavioral health conditions.
- Conducts screening and comprehensive assessments, diagnostic and functional evaluation, and mental health treatment recommendations.
- Screens and assesses patients with social, emotional, mental health, and/or psychological issues.
- Creates treatment plans and coordinates care with the student’s parent/guardian, primary care provider, and/or specialty provider(s).
- Provides individual, family, and group therapy as well as episodic crisis intervention utilizing brief, solution-focused intervention.
- Refers patients needing a higher level of care to internal TBCHS or external community resources.
- Assists in the detection of at-risk students/patients and in the development of treatment plans to prevent worsening of their condition.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of services rendered, including but not limited to status reports and correspondence.
- Establishes positive rapport with patients/students, parents, and school staff
- Provides education on various mental health topics, including classroom and school staff presentations.
- Attend quarterly BH meetings.
- Attend and participate in Peer Reviews.
- Attend monthly 1-1 with BH Director OR if Limited License attend weekly 1-1 with BH Director.
Our Contribution To You:As a part of the TBCHS family, you will work with a competitive starting wage, dependent on education and experience, flexible scheduling and a remote work location.
Job Type:Part time & temporary
Remote – Requires a secure/stabile internet connection and a private/confidential working area.
Education:Master’s Degree Required.