- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- HSA & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
The Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist in clinical and retail settings performing the following duties in our Atlanta, Hillman, and Onaway offices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- assists pharmacists to prepare and dispense medication
- fills vials with prescribed tablets and capsules
- types labels for appropriate packaging
- enters and processes new/refill prescription information into pharmacy computer system
- at the pharmacists discretion, certified pharmacy technicians may receive verbal prescription orders from medical offices and transfer prescriptions to other pharmacy’s within limitations of state laws
- Mixes pharmaceutical preparations
- receives and stores incoming medication and supplies, controlled substances will be verified by the pharmacist, confirms receipt of all items with invoices, this does NOT include controlled substance Class II medications
- prepares clinic medication supply orders for pharmacist to review
- removes outdated product from shelves per Pharmacy Procedure PH-100-C-2
- counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records
- performs sorting and filing of prescription records
- requests prescription refills in TBCHS EMR for TBCHS patients when needed
- assists with Prior Authorization requests as required by third party prescription carriers
High School Diploma / GED or one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pharmacy Technician Certification or Limited Pharmacy Technician License, Pharmacy Technician License.
Travel: May be required and reimbursed.