We are seeking a Contingent Pharmacist for our Atlanta, Onaway, Rogers City, & Fairview Clinic Pharmacy locations. TBCHS is a Federally Qualified Health Center offering a full retail Pharmacy. Great opportunity to join a devoted healthcare team and work with a diverse patient population within a clinic setting. This Pharmacist will assist in providing coverage for vacation and other needs. No major holidays and weekends.
Position Summary: Compounds and/or dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the Pharmacy.
Education Required: B.S. degree or a Pharmacy D. degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Two to four years related experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification Required: Current valid State of Michigan Pharmacist license, and controlled substance license. CPR certification is mandatory for this position.