Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc. is looking to add a part-time dental hygienist to our team in Atlanta and Onaway.
SUMMARY: Performs oral evaluations, dental prophylaxis and other duties related to preservation of dental health and prevention of dental disease.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oral Evaluation and Prophylaxis – 50%
- Evaluates patient’s mouth, performs and records vital signs, head and neck inspection and notifies Dentist of suspicion of periodontal disease, decay, urgent dental needs or abnormal findings.
- Performs oral prophylaxis including scaling, root planning and polishing to remove tooth stains, plaque and calculus.
- Applies fluoride and sealants as prescribed by the Dentist and/or policy and procedure.
- Removes periodontal, surgical packs and sutures.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and records treatment information in patient records.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent in dental hygiene; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current, valid State of Michigan dental hygienist license. BLS Required at hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Medium