Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc is looking to add a part-time dental assistant to their team in Atlanta and Onaway.
SUMMARY: Dental assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care and are valuable members of the dental care team. Assist dentist during examination and treatment of patients as well as performing routine sterilization.
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when needed.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience preferred.
CERFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: BLS Required within 30 days. State of Michigan Dental Assistant certification preferred. Radiography training certification required