We are seeking a full-time Optician for our Rogers City Clinic location. Primary responsibilities include assisting the optometrist for patients to have an enjoyable optometry experience from scheduling the initial appointment, assisting with frame selection, ordering appropriate eyewear, and final adjusting and dispensing of eyewear.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer and triage all optometry calls for scheduling, issues, or complaints.
- Very insurances (medical and vision) and appropriate eligibility.
- Obtain necessary patient information, update data, verify information, and monitor status of patient accounts and insurance information at each visit.
- Maintain accurate electronic health record, create day-of encounter(s).
- Determine the patient’s needs by asking questions and evaluating prescription glasses and contact lenses, and assist patients with selection of frames.
- Ensure frame selection and lenses are in agreement with patient’s prescription, comfort, and insurance.
- Take accurate pupillary distance, base curve, optical centers, multi-focal measurements, etc., to ensure prescription accuracy and proper visual acuity.
- Verify product availability and identify time needed for processing to provide on time delivery.
- Maintain order sheets (electronic and hard copies as required) and calendar for dispensing.
- Order and receive glasses and contact lenses through prospective labs and according to set guidelines.
- Assist with inventory, purchasing, optical supplies, re-stocking, etc. as needed.
- Verify all eyewear for accuracy of prescription requirements against the doctor’s prescription by neutralizing prescriptions, checking for prism, checking segment heights, inspecting product and documenting findings prior to delivery per outlined policy.
- Adjust and dispense eyewear, explaining to patients the proper usage and cleaning instructions of their glasses and care for contact lenses (provide written materials for patient to take home).
- Provide cleaning cloth and cleaner whenever available.
- Assist with complaint resolution.
- Reduce remakes by properly assessing patient’s needs, taking accurate measurements, quoting achievable delivery times, and combining proper frame and lenses with prescription.
- Perform eyeglass adjustment and repairs as needed.
- Schedule all necessary referrals for the optometrist.
- Meet with frame representatives and to order new frames and replace old stock for the boards.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as filing, cleaning, maintaining frame kits, replacing equipment, and other duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent with Two years Optometry experience required.
Certification through the American Board of Opticianry preferred.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance