SUMMARY: Provides health care services to students by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following; with other duties assigned as appropriate:
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when appropriate from immediate supervisor.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (ADN) or equivalent college or technical school (e.g. diploma nurse, AS in nursing) RN required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: BLS Required at hire and Current and valid State of Michigan RN license
Physical Demands: Medium
Travel: as needed