JOB TITLE: LPN/CMA Provider Medical Support Staff
SUMMARY: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of a Medical Provider by performing the following duties in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; with other duties assigned as appropriate:
Patient Rooming Process
- Immunizations – maintain competency on MCIR Program use including: MCIR Immunization Record comparison to EMR Documentation, MCIR immunization entry, MCIR Record printing.
- Competency with vaccine identification and ability to identify age appropriate vaccines.
- Completion of appropriate patient consents as requested (procedure consents, controlled substance agreements, etc.).
Medication – 15%
- Assisting with refills – initiation and completion of refills per health center protocol, with attention to detail regarding medication, dose, amount, pharmacy, last visit, last refill, etc.
- Assisting with medication prior authorization process
- Compliance with current medication administration guidelines including verification pre dispensing of dose and after dose has been draw up, collected or poured as measured through competency under TBCHS Safety Plan
- Completion of appropriate medication administration forms within the EMR
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Certified or Registered Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- BLS Required at hire.
- Current CMA or LPN license. Must maintain current certification or licensure as required by the State of Michigan.
Physical Demands: Medium
Travel: Site to site travel is required.