We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic individual to train to become a Medical Assistant with our Team! The trainee’s responsibilities include learning and developing practical skills, participating in online classes, observing all health and safety codes, completing assignments and competencies, and successfully completing an accredited Medical Assistant Training Program. After completing the program, trainees are eligible to earn the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant credential. Training and program costs are covered for trainees who successfully complete the program and commit to a two- year service term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enroll in training program identified by health center and completing all coursework and exams at a least a passing level.
- Engage in on-the-job learning with designated mentor and learn to perform tasks independently.
- Performing patient care and support tasks as assigned (within scope and training)
- Observe all health and safety procedure and workplace policies.
- Remain open to receiving feedback and strive to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
- Engage with colleagues and patients in a professional, respectful and compassionate way.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Prepares room and patient for examination. Obtains vital signs and chiefcomplaint. Appropriately documents information obtained.
- Performs laboratory and diagnostic testing.
- Answers, screens and triages telephone calls. Takes accurate messages and distributes to the appropriate personnel within the guidelines of the practice.
- Schedules tests and referral appointments for patients.
- Administers oral and injectable medication. Phones prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Engages and helps promote patient/family teaching as appropriate; and provides an educational environment for patients and patient families.
- Provides explanation of lab results, diagnostic testing results and provider orders to patient/ family.
- Assists with cleaning and stocking of exam rooms and suites Works gaps in care registries to help improve the quality of care.
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e., refrigerator temps, medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Maintains practice standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc. May assist in developing and implementing quality control andpractice policies.
- Inventories, orders and restocks areas, as necessary.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and environmental safety as required.
- Ability to provide clerical services and clinical services as required to maintain an effective practice flow. Cross trained to work both clerically and clinically.
- Ability to provide care for patients, which is age specific to their physical and safety needs, psychosocial concerns and educational level.
- Necessary visual and auditory acuity required to monitor patient’s condition and operate department equipment.
- Demonstrates a positive team attitude and has interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with clients, their families,providers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in an EMR environment.
- Maintains patient privacy and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential in accordance with HIPAA.
- Serves and protects the health center by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Continuing Education – Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Driver’s license recommended.
- Functional competency in Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Good time management, critical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- A growth mindset and passion for learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light with frequent standing and walking required.
TRAVEL: Travel between sites and to training conferences may be required.