SUMMARY: Responsible for assembling, organizing, and maintaining patient health information. Reviews information for scheduled patients, preparing the electronic medical record (EMR) for the patient’s encounter. Scans and indexes information into the EMR. Abstracts historical patient information from official sources and updates the patient’s EMR. Releases and obtains protected health information in accordance with the law and TBCHS policies.
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when needed.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet/Intranet software with knowledge of Practice Management and Electronic Health Record systems. Two years Health Information experience required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light
TRAVEL: Travel from site to site may be required