SUMMARY: Compounds and/or dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties. This position will be 2 days in Hillman and 2 days floating to other pharmacy locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when appropriate from immediate supervisor.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in the Pharmacy. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A.B.S. degree or a Pharmacy D. degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy. Two to four years related experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CPR certification is mandatory for this position. Current. valid State of Michigan Pharmacist license, and controlled substance license. BLS Required at hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Medium
TRAVEL: As required to meet the needs of the department