TBCHS is looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join their team in the Mio AuSable School.
SUMMARY: Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in a medical facility, under the direction of a Physician, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assesses patient’s health and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines of Thunder Bay Community Health Service, Inc.
- Evaluation of emergent and or urgent medical conditions when necessary, including prompt evaluation and appropriate treatment.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes, recommends medications and other forms of treatment.
- Refers patients to supervising physician or to specialized health resources for treatment as necessary.
- Records, in a timely manner, patient history, assessment and plan of care based on patient’s condition following established policies.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as deemed necessary.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
- Complies with licensing requirements for State of Michigan as well as completing Continuing Medical Education (CME) for licensing organization.
- Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner Program. National and/or State certification as required by TBCHS. Must be in good standing with Regulatory boards. Experience may include prior clinical practice, or recent graduate from an accredited program with pending certification.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current valid State of Michigan PA-C, or NP License; Current DEA Registration; BLS required at hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Medium