This primary focus of this position is supporting our electronic medical record coordinating and organizing the work of the EMR Application Support Team. This role is also responsible for pulling and disseminating reports for all population health needs and facilitating new requests for EMR content, as well as managing all staff training on medical record use. This role participates in operational meetings to improve the utilization and functionality of all health care (patient related) software at TBCHS.
Staff EMR Training and Monitoring
- Assist with the development of training plans and materials to be used for new hire orientation and continuing education materials on new processes and/or functionalities for existing staff.
- Coordinate and conduct trainings for all staff as needed.
- Audit and review EMR documentation to determine education needs and staff competence.
- When needed, work with third-party organizations, to open and follow through on support tickets towards resolution.
SOFTWARE VENDOR AND UPGRADE MANAGEMENT
- Manage vendor relationships with Provider Flow, I2i, Athena Health, Luma Health, E Health Solutions, and EMR Management Team at True North ITG
- Manage all current and future interfaces such as; EMR Link, MCIR, etc…
- Facilitate completion of all software upgrades working with EMR Application Support Team and external vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with knowledge of Practice Management and Electronic Health Record systems, preference given to Centricity knowledge. Associate degree in Health Information Technology, or Medical Assisting, or 12 months related healthcare experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current, valid State of Michigan driver’s license and automobile insurance.