Full Job Description:
Employment at TBCHS requires your compliance with all Federal, State and TBCHS requirements pertaining to mandatory Covid-19 vaccinations.
Position Summary of RDH:
The Registered Dental Hygienist performs oral evaluations, dental prophylaxis and other duties related to preservation of dental health and prevention of dental disease.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of RDH:
- Evaluates patient’s mouth, performs and records vital signs, head and neck inspection and notifies Dentist of suspicion of periodontal disease, decay, urgent dental needs or abnormal findings.
- Performs oral prophylaxis including scaling, root planning and polishing to remove tooth stains, plaque and calculus.
- Applies fluoride and sealants as prescribed by the Dentist and/or policy and procedure.
- Removes periodontal, surgical packs and sutures.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and records treatment information in patient records.
- May assist Dentist and Dental Assistants at chair side during restorative, surgical or endodontic procedures.
- Responds to patient questions both in person and by telephone as authorized by the Dentist
- Exposes dental radiographs
- Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control, safety issues and personal protective equipment.
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment
- Follows procedures to maintain safety and security with medications and needles
- Changes suction traps and filters of suction pump
- Cleans rollers and changes chemicals for developer
Education Required:Associate’s Degree or equivalent in dental hygiene; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/Certification Required:Valid State of Michigan Dental Hygienist License. CPR certification is mandatory for this position. Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance.
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Day shift – Monday to Friday
Education: Associate (Preferred)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location