TBCHS is looking for a contingent CMA, LPN, or RN to join their team. This position would also help cover all clinic locations in all medical site locations. Mileage is reimbursed to any other location besides designated home location.
SUMMARY: Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of a Medical Provider by performing the following duties in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; with other duties assigned as appropriate:
Patient Rooming Process – 25%
- Performs vital sign checks and documentation.
- Conducts patient screening.
- Conducts patient history review including medications, allergies and problems.
- Prepare patient for visit based on reason patient presented to clinic.
- Initiate self-management goals.
- Treat patient based on appropriate protocols.
- Perform Patient Centered Medical Home requirements.
Assisting Providers relating to patient care – 25%
- Set rooms up for procedures.
- Assist during exams as required.
- Administer medication, injections and vaccines.
- Performing venipuncture and collecting of lab specimens as ordered.
- Contacting patients, pharmacies and other health care agencies in response to medication refill requests, lab and diagnostic test results, and other needs as indicated.
- Initiating medication refills, prior authorizations and other requests from patients and other health care providers (insurance companies, homecare agencies, and others).
- Provide information to patients as instructed by provider by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Sterile technique for procedures such as laceration repair, lesion removal, etc.
- Competent in all in house lab tests per CLIA guidelines and drug screen collections per DOT/NDOT guidelines.
- Immunizations – maintain competency on MCIR Program use including: MCIR Immunization Record comparison to EMR Documentation, MCIR immunization entry, MCIR Record printing.
- Competency with vaccine identification and ability to identify age appropriate vaccines.
- Completion of appropriate patient consents as requested (procedure consents, controlled substance agreements, etc.).
Medication – 15%
- Assisting with refills – initiation and completion of refills per health center protocol, with attention to detail regarding medication, dose, amount, pharmacy, last visit, last refill, etc.
- Assisting with medication prior authorization process
- Compliance with current medication administration guidelines including verification pre dispensing of dose and after dose has been draw up, collected or poured as measured through competency under TBCHS Safety Plan
- Completion of appropriate medication administration forms within the EMR
Documentation – 20%
- Maintain documentation of communications via the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Appropriate documentation regarding patient visits, test results, phone notes, medication refills, patient education, procedures, referrals, diet, provider/patient response, etc.
- Appropriate documentation of orders and diagnosis
- Maintains proficiency in the use of the EMR
- Completion of EMR down-time processes as appropriate
- Receive and return phone calls from patients for medication renewals, information gathering, home care advice, referral arrangements, and changes in treatment as ordered by Medical Provider.
Supplies/equipment – 10%
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps exam rooms/lab area stocked appropriately
- Follows operating instructions for all equipment
- Notification to Clinical Manager when experiencing equipment malfunctions/breakdowns, supply shortages, etc.
- Trouble shoot equipment malfunctions with equipment manual
- Disinfection and sterilization of instruments
Miscellaneous – 5%
- Participates in continuing education services, meetings, mandatory in-services, and performance improvement/OSHA programs
- Maintains patient privacy and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential in accordance with HIPAA
- Serves and protects the health center by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
- Continuing Education – Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities on a regular basis
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and OSHA/MIOSHA
SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Certified or Registered Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Associate degree (AAS) RN license required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- BLS Required at hire.
- Current CMA, LPN, or RN license. Must maintain current certification or licensure as required by the State of Michigan.
Physical Demands: Medium
Travel: Site to site travel is required.