SUMMARY: Responsible for greeting patients and callers via telephone. Ensures prompt, efficient, and excellent customer service. Schedules patient appointments, answers incoming calls, has awareness of all TBCHS services, the ability to answer high-level questions and direct calls appropriately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; include the following: other duties may be assigned:
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and can meet commitments. Asks for help when appropriate from immediate supervisor.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: BLS Required within 30 days.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light
TRAVEL: Travel between sites may be required