Responsible for greeting patients and callers via telephone. Ensures prompt, efficient, and excellent customer service. Schedules patient appointments, answers/triage incoming calls, has awareness of all TBCHS services, the ability to answer high-level questions and direct calls appropriately. Responsible for ER Transitional Care Management, and also is responsible for Breast Health Navigator duties.
Patient Access and Customer Service
- Open and closes the building for business following the provided protocol.
- Greets callers ensuring prompt, courteous attention and outstanding customer service.
- Answers multi-line telephone calls timely, professionally and courteously
- Performs reminder calls to patients for scheduled non-confidential appointments; two days in advance as assigned.
- Schedules patient appointments; triaging urgent or complex complaints following policy and procedure and staying within scope of position
- Serves as a first point of contact for patient questions or concerns.
- Provides information regarding services available such as, Medicaid or insurance enrollment, the sliding fee discount program, available over-the-counter medications, drug or transportation assistance, dental, pharmacy, optical, behavioral health programs, or other services offered by TBCHS. Able to answer questions regarding these services and direct calls appropriately.
- Triage of patients according to triage protocol with appropriate documentation; assistance in emergent walk-ins
- Maintain documentation of communications via the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Appropriate documentation regarding patient visits, test results, phone notes, medication refills, patient education, procedures, referrals, diet, provider/patient response, etc.
- Appropriate documentation of orders and diagnosis
- Maintains proficiency in the use of the EMR
- Completion of EMR down-time processes as appropriate
- Receive and return phone calls from patients for medication renewals, information gathering, home care advice, referral arrangements, and changes in treatment as ordered by Medical Provider.
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity while managing difficult and emotional customer situations. Solicits feedback to improve service and responds promptly to customer’s needs.
- Schedules time off in advance to ensure proper coverage for department. Also begins working on time and works independently throughout the day until it is time to end shift.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and is able to meet commitments. Asks for help when needed.
- Able to follow policies and procedures while supporting the goals and values of the organization. Also promotes a positive work environment for staff of all departments offering support while working cooperatively with all co-workers.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively. Displays confident communication skills and exhibits good listening. Keeps other adequately informed while selecting appropriate forms of communication.
- Shows a strong initiative and willingness to learn, continually strives to increase personal productivity. Always treats others with respect and consideration as committing to do the best job possible.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: LPN licensure through State of MI
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current BLS CPR certification
- Current LPN license. Must maintain current licensure as required by the State of Michigan.